Make delicious blood orange mimosas that are perfect for Easter, Mother’s Day or just weekend brunch.
This recipe for blood orange mimosas are so light and refreshing, you will almost forget their is alcohol in it-almost!
Whenever we go to brunch, or host brunch, I look forward to enjoying a mimosa or two.
This is my first time making blood orange and it has been on my list for sometime after trying one at a local restaurant.
This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. Please see my full disclosure here.
What Is A Mimosa?
A classic mimosa is served with two ingredients:
- orange juice
However, with the the popularity of craft cocktails they have really taken off and you can now find so many variations.
I’ve even shared a low carb mimosa that’s become a family favorite.
Some other fun variations are:
- Pomegranate – you can also use Pom juice
- Bellini – using peach juice
- Apple – switching out orange juice for apple juice
What Is The Best Champagne For A Mimosa
Mimosas are actually best served with a sweet and fruity sparkling wine. As you are adding juice, you don’t want to use your best champagne.
Save that bad boy for a special occasion!
Here are some popular options for mimosas:
Tips For Serving Mimosas
- Best served chilled
- Serve in champagne flutes for a classic mimosa
- The standard ratio is 2-1 champagne to juice
- Set up a mimosa bar with fresh fruit and juices where guests can make their own variation
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed blood orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1/8 cup Raspberry liqueur
- 2 750mL bottles of sweet champagne (I used Barefoot Bubbly)
- 2 blood oranges to use for garnish, sliced
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Pour the blood orange juice, raspberry liqueur, and champagne into a pitcher.
- Add tray of ice.
- Stir well.
- Add slices of 1 blood orange to the pitcher and a handful of fresh mint.
- Serve in glasses with a slice of orange along the rim and fresh mint for garnish.
Sharing is caring…please PIN the below image:
You may also want to check out these cocktails:
I’d love it if you would follow me on social media below: